When you want to travel abroad, embassies around the world will ask you for an invitation letter from the host in the country you want to travel to. If it’s your first time traveling and being asked for an invitation letter, you might have difficulties understanding the purpose of the invitation letter. Indeed, everything related to a letter of invitation is simple, easy and if you don’t know how to write an invitation letter or how to obtain it, this article is for you. Read the article thoroughly to know everything about a letter of invitation.
What is an Application Letter for a Visa?
Indeed, an invitation letter for a visa is a letter that you (applicant) has to submit to the consulate or embassy where you are applying for a visitor visa. An invitation letter is written by your host and addressed to the consular officer or the application, confirming the host will accommodate you in their home for the period of your stay in their country.
Requirements to Write An Invitation Letter in English
Your host must confirm the following requisites and requirements in order for the invitation letter to be valid and accurate:
- Your host must be a permananet resident or citizen of the country you plan to visit
- Must be your relative or friend
- Must have a register accomidation or place (flat, home)
- The host must undertake to meet all your expenses of your stay
- The houst further undertakes that they will fully be responsible for your acts and deeds
- That you will return to your home country before your visa expiration
- Must fully capable to support you fully throughout your stay
Some embassies will ask the host to send other documents alongside an invitation letter. Still, it would be good if the applicant submits the following documents alongside the letter of invitation.
- A copy of host’s ID card or passport
- proof or contract of home or flat
- Flight itinerary
- Affidavit of support
Now that you have the knowledge of what a letter of invitation is and its requirements, in the next step, we are going to tell you how to write an invitation letter step by step.
How to Write An Invitation Letter For Visa Application
Initially, it might seem confusing and difficult for you, but writing an invitation letter might be the easiest part of your visa application process. You must have understood the purpose of an invitation letter by reading the above paragraphs. Indeed, the letter must be written by your host and addressed to you or the embassy directly. Some embassies have their own invitation letter form and you can check on their website and download the form.
If they already have their form, the host will only have to fill out the empty space with accurate information and details. But if the embassy doesn’t have the form, below we have written some formal samples you can use by editing and writing your own information.
Some important details and information of the host that the letter of invitation must have are as follow:
- Full Name
- ID card/ Passport Number
- Date of birth
- Phone Number
- Host’s status (Perminent resident or citizen)
- Relatinship between the applicant and host
- The purpose of the trip (visit, holiday, birthday party, wedding party, funerral)
Invitation Letter Samples in English
To [Country Embassy]
I [host full name] S/O [host’s father name] Passport NO [host’s passport NO.], [Address] for example “Greek resident permit NO. P015493518 of 21 Arionos, Mytilini 81130, Lesvos, Greece” do hereby solemnly affirm an oath and state as follow:
- That I am inviting my [applicants] for instacne, wife and my son for visiting and tourism purpose to [name of country]
- The names and passport numbers of my family members are as follows:
- Name and Passport Number of Applicant
- Name and Passport Number of Applicant
- That I undertake to meet all their expenses of their stay here in [country].
- That I further undertake that I will fully be responsible for their acts and deeds.
- That they will return to their home country before their visa expire.
- That I am fully capable to support them fully throughout their stay.
That Whatever stated above is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and nothing has been concealed therein.
Please, find attached, all important documents required.
Thanks in the apprehension for your favorable response.
[Host’s Date of Birth]
[Host’s Phone Number]
We hope the article was helpful. Please feel free to write your feedback in the comment section below.